Estimated reading time: 3 minute(s)
For those of you who frequent Budapest’s famous Caledonia Scottish Pub’s and Restaurant, you might wonder what the pictures are on the walls in the high table area. Well wonder no more, the pictures and accompanying letters relate to the pub’s annual Christmas charity effort for less fortunate children, making dreams come true. We’d like to invite you to be part of it, come and volunteer, there is so much you can do!
The letters and accompanying pictures the kids have drawn, are on display in the Caledonia on Mozsár utca. These are Christmas wish lists, written by children from Zabar, a little Hungarian village, who without help would have no chance of anything much in the way of presents.
Just follow the link to see what the children are asking for.
This is part one of The Caledonia’s three-level Christmas project:
1) – To fulfil the children’s wish lists to Santa
2) – To fund and arrange a dream trip for the primary 1-4 class students to Budapest, visiting a children’s musical, having Christmas lunch at the Caledonia and then to be taken on a private tour of the Budapest zoo. Date: 15th of December
3) – To provide long-term support to the local nursery by building a much needed shower, adding new furniture and educational toys and games. All this is planned for one day, on 18th of December and needs the assistance of some willing volunteers, filled with Christmas spirit. Come and join them on this special day and help a little magic happen.
What YOU can do to help:
– Adopt a letter (you actually become Santa Claus to the child in question, who certainly wouldn’t have any gifts without your kindness)
– Join the organizers on the 15th of December when they have a magical trip planned for all the children from this village to come to Budapest, to see a play, to have Christmas lunch in a proper restaurant and have a private tour of Budapest Zoo
– Join the organizers on 18th of December (Sunday) to deliver all the gifts to the village, and spend one day with us renovating a nursery spend an afternoon with some very happy children.
The organisers are also still looking for sponsors for some of these activities. Celebrate the festive season this year by making a disadvantaged child’s Christmas a great one!
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/levelekTelaponak/