The Second tier of protective measures applicable under the COVID-19 pandemic emergency in Hungary.
Reinforcement of the mask mandate
- Every person over the age of six must wear a mask:
- on public transport
- in any public area of settlements with a population over 10,000 where the local government prescribes as such, with the exception of sports activities and parks. At this time, local governments known to have introduced such measures already include Budapest 11th, 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st districts; please watch for information from local governments for further information.
- while working or shopping in shops
- in shopping malls (except for offices, sporting facilities, and utility premises)
- in public archives open to the public
- at office hours of government agencies, post offices, and any other premises where customer services are provided and regularly more than 5 people are present
- waiting rooms of public transport
- in restaurants, either while working or as guests
- in healthcare institutions (except for patients in their ward rooms)
- in social institutions
- Masks must cover the nose and mouth, and should be surgical, labour safety or textile (or other fabric) masks.
- Operators of such institutions, services, premises must ensure the enforcement of these rules. Customers not properly wearing masks must be denied service and made to leave the premises.
- For transportation companies: passengers must be denied transport if they are not properly wearing masks, at the same time they must be removed from the vehicle and the police should be notified immediately.
Everybody is obliged to remain at their place of residence, stay or commercial accommodation from 8 PM to 5 AM
- performing work,
- transferring to place of work,
- transferring from work to place of residence/stay/accommodation
- In case of emergency threatening life, or threatening with harm to health or severe injury
- protection of life
- competitive athletes going to or coming from training or sporting events, or participating in a training or sporting event
- walking dogs within a 500m perimeter of the dwelling place
- Exceptions not related to health/emergency and dog walking must be supported by documents based on the form published by the Government. Without possession of such a document, it is not allowed to leave the place of residence/stay/accommodation even for the reasons falling under an exception.
- Assembly and forming of groups in public areas is forbidden.
Conduct in public places
- Sporting activities for personal leisure in public places and public sporting venues are allowed, especially walking, running and cycling.
- Team sports, such as especially football, ice hockey, handball, basketball and volleyball are not allowed in public areas, open places and sporting venues, except for training and sporting events in professional competitive sports.
Events and gatherings
Events and group gatherings (such as music, cultural, sporting, private events and Christmas fairs) are banned, with the following exceptions:
- Religious events do not fall under the ban (except for weddings and funerals). Religious communities themselves may decide about their own events.
- Live music or cultural events provided online do not fall under the banned events if only the performers and technical personnel are present at the premises.
- Sporting events must be held behind closed doors. Spectators are not allowed.
- Funerals can be held with participants of 50 people maximum.
- Weddings can be held with the participation of the performer of the service, the marrying parties, their witnesses, parents, grandparents, siblings and children.
- Operators of such venues are responsible for observing the regulations.
Regulations for restaurants
- Except for those working there, and the cases listed below, it is forbidden to be present in restaurants.
- Being present in a restaurant is allowed for the time of receiving food purchased for takeout or delivery.
- Restrictions do not apply
- to workplace canteens and buffets
- bars and restaurants of hotels if they only serve guests of the hotel
- canteens and buffets of public education institutions if the only serve students and employees of the institution
- canteens and buffets in public health institutions
Regulations related to shops
Between 7 PM and 5 AM
- national tobacco shops
- lottery shops
- must be closed and it is not allowed to be present there
- petrol stations
- may be open
- With respect to this ban, restaurants are not considered shops.
Regulations for commercial accommodation
- No stay is allowed in commercial accommodations (hotels), with the following exceptions
- Employees may be present in hotels
- Persons may be present in hotels arriving for purposes of business, economic or educational activities
- Military personnel and assigned healthcare personnel may be present in hotels.
Regulations on leisure institutions
Visiting of and staying at the following events and locations is forbidden:
- events for the performing arts (theatre, dance, music, circus)
- training rooms and gyms
- public baths
- skating rinks
- zoos, game parks
- adventure parks and funfairs
- film and music archives
- public cultural venues
- integrated cultural institutions
- employees working at such institutions
- skating rinks, pools, training rooms, gyms and sports facilities may be visited by competitive athletes
- Such venues in hotels must be kept closed.
For further information please, contact Inter Relocation at the following
Phone number: +36 1 278 5680
Email address: email@example.com